If you’ve already booked, or are thinking of attending an Applicant Day, we look forward to welcoming you soon!
Attending an Applicant Day is a great way to find out more about where you are going to be studying and what to do next. To help you get the most out of your visit, take a look at our handy checklist of things to consider before and during the day.
- Once you’ve booked a place you’ll be able to view everything you need to know to plan your visit, including FAQs, directions and travel and parking information. Remember, at Chester we have a number of teaching sites, so make sure you’re aware of where your course is based so that you visit the correct campus on the day.
- Refresh yourself on the key aspects of your course and what attracted you to apply to the University of Chester. It may be useful to prepare a few questions to help determine if we are the right university for you, such as: What modules and field trips are on offer? What are the options for part-time work and volunteering? What societies are available through the Students’ Union? There will be plenty of subject tutors, support staff and current students to talk to at the Applicant Day, so make sure you make the most of the opportunity and get your questions answered!
On the Day
One of the most important things to do when attending an Applicant Day is visit your academic department. After that, there are a range of activities you can choose from throughout the afternoon. Don’t miss the opportunity to:
- Take a student-led campus tour
- View examples of University accommodation
- Get one-to-one information and advice on a range of areas, including: Student Support and Guidance, Admissions, Student Finance, Study Aboard and Accommodation
- Visit the Students’ Union / bar
- Attend the 'Introduction to the University' talk to find out more about what to do next
Top tip: It’s a good idea to familiarise yourself with the timetable of activities prior to visiting – this should help make things a little easier on the day. You’ll also be able to view this timetable in advance once you have booked a place.
If you haven’t already done so you could also use this opportunity to visit the local area – whether it’s a meal out or a quick look around the shops and local sights, it’s important to try and get a feel for the place you could be calling home for the next few years.
Hopefully, attending an Applicant Day will leave you armed with everything you need to help make your Firm and Insurance choices. We’ll be in touch over the weeks and months ahead with all the information you need to know to make this decision and prepare for your next step. However, if there’s anything you forget to ask or want clarification on, we’d love to hear from you - just get in touch.
You can book your place on to one of our Applicant Days now.