Find your leadership style with Business Management at Chester

If you dream of becoming a future business leader, then a degree in Business Management might be just the thing for you. At Chester we offer a dynamic and exciting Business Management course that’s not confined to the lecture room. But don’t just take our word for it, take a look at how Business Management is helping Freya take her first steps towards career success

Freia Janes

Third Year Student Freia Janes finds her own Leadership Style

“I am proud of the friends I have made and how I have developed into a business woman, with a leadership mind set and knowing what I want out of life. I am definitely coming out of university as a new person with aspirations and goals for the future.”

What made you choose Chester? I have always wanted to go to a smaller university which still has all the facilities of a big city university. When I came to look round, I loved the beauty of Chester and the university as well as the course!

Were there any unexpected highlights of the course? I knew I would always love my accounting modules, but I never expected to like them as much as I do. Seminars are great too! The teachers have time for answering any questions and group activities are hilarious, and that’s when you really learn! I even got the opportunity to go to Cyprus for my leadership and management course.

What facilities does the course have to help you, and do you use them? We have an extensive online and physical library, and each course has its own reading list. There are lots of computers and laptops in the library but I prefer using my own laptop. There is also a student development / study room. It’s perfectly sized and quiet too!

Did you do, or are you going to do work based learning? I did my work based learning with my parents company in May/June 2015. I really enjoyed the experience and I helped them a lot with exhibitions, general office work and even helped them transform their websites.

What has been your greatest success in your time here? I would say my greatest success would be my 1st in my accounting exam. I am also proud of the friends I have made and how I have developed into a business woman, with a leadership mind set and knowing what I want out of life. I am definitely coming out of university as a new person with aspirations and goals for the future.

Want to know more?

For more information on Business Management (Single / Combined) at the University of Chester, take a look at the course page on our website. 

Don't forget, we also offer a combined Business Management degree at our Warrington Campus, allowing you to study this course alongside one of your other passions.

Contact us

For further information on the course, please don’t hesitate to contact the Programme Leader, Tony Bithell.

E: t.bithell@chester.ac.uk T: 01244 513158

You can also follow our news updates and get a feel for study here on our social media – follow us on: Instagram / Facebook  /  Twitter

For general enquires regarding studying at the University of Chester please feel free to contact us, we’ll be more than happy to help

E: enquiries@chester.ac.uk T: 01244 511000

Visit us

If you would like to find out more about this course and see what it is like to study and live at the University of Chester, take the opportunity to visit us. And if you have any questions about your visit, we’ll be happy to help.

Book Your Place

T: 01244 511000    E: visitus@chester.ac.uk