So you’re starting to fill in your UCAS applications and it’s time to think about what you want from a university. It can be hard to distinguish one institution from the next and you’ll spend hours writing pros and cons lists, and researching from prospectuses and websites. You’ll probably start looking to book an open day or two now as well. So we have tried to make things a bit easier for you by giving you the top five reasons why the University of Chester should be firmly on your UCAS application.
- The University of Chester is the Best in the North West for Academic Experience. The results of this year’s Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey are in, and we were voted the best in the region. Overall we placed 9th out of 122 institutions across the country.
- The University of Chester has been ranked in the top 10 for Student Welfare. We pride ourselves on our support departments and with over 175 year of providing higher education and teaching excellence, there isn’t much we haven’t seen our students go through. Our award-winning Student Futures team have one goal, to ensure that everyone is able to have an enjoyable and enriching student experience. They can help with financial issues, child care, disability support, counselling, volunteering and mentoring, wellbeing and mental health, study skills right through to careers and personal development opportunities. Our team are proud to have been recognised for excellence as a ‘five-star’ department by the British Quality Foundation in 2014.
- The University of Chester has been ranked 15th for Overall Student Experience. In the same Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey, where 15,000 undergraduate students rated their university on 21 measures, we came out in 15th position for our Overall Student Experience.
- The University of Chester has been ranked 2nd for Learning Opportunities. In this year’s National Student Survey, a survey of all final year students from across the country delivered by the Higher Education Funding Council England, we placed 2nd for Learning Opportunities. We are dedicated to creating an outstanding learning experience and offer countless opportunities to shape your student experience to suit your career goals. We believe that careers development should be part of the core fabric that makes up our courses, so during your study you will be offered a wide range of extra opportunities including our experiential- and work-based learning modules in your second year; study abroad opportunities across 300 universities in over 50 countries and numerous employability enhancing schemes that can aid your knowledge for your subject and teach you how to translate this knowledge into a work environment.
- The University of Chester has been ranked 5th for Assessment and Feedback satisfaction. With a sector wide average of 73.4% satisfaction for feedback in this year’s NSS, we placed 5th with a score of 76.06% overall satisfaction. Feedback is vital when studying at university level as it will help you achieve your full potential. Our Personal Academic Tutor system is there to make sure you can reach one of your academics at all times to aid with not only your study, but also any pastoral support and guidance you may need.
There are many other fantastic reasons to put Chester on your UCAS application too, including the fact the city was voted the 5th best place to live in Britain by The Sunday Times in 2016 and that Chester was ranked as the safest city-based university in the North West by the complete university guide 2016.
Take a look our #MyChesterStory pages to see what our students have to say about us. And why not book onto an open day and come and see for yourself what the University of Chester can offer you?
Want to know more?
In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding the application process, feel free to contact our Undergraduate Admissions Team.
T: 01244 511000
Or, for more general enquiries contact us, we’d be more than happy to help.
T: 01244 511000