If you’ve already booked, or are thinking of attending an Applicant Day, we look forward to welcoming you soon!
Attending an Applicant Day is a great way to help you decide whether the University of Chester is right for you.
To help you get the most out of your visit, we’ve put together a handy checklist of things to consider before and during the day.
- Once you’ve booked your place, you can use our Applicant Day pages to find all the information you need to plan your visit, including FAQs, directions, and travel and parking information. Just select your subject(s) from the drop-down list to view the information that’s relevant to your day.
- You can also view your Applicant Day timetable in advance, to familiarise yourself with the day’s activities.
- Refresh yourself on the key aspects of your course and what attracted you to apply to Chester. It may be useful to prepare a few questions to help determine if Chester is the right university for you, such as: What modules and field trips are on offer? What are the options for part-time work and volunteering? Is there a Volleyball society? (hint - that one's a yes). There will be plenty of subject tutors, support staff and current students to talk to at the Applicant Day, so make sure you make the most of the opportunity!
On the day
The format of the Applicant Day means you can prioritise visiting your academic department as soon as you’ve registered. After that, there are a range of activities you can choose from throughout the afternoon. Don’t miss:
- Taking a student-led campus tour
- Viewing examples of University accommodation
- Finding out about student finance and funding
- Getting one-to-one information and advice on a range of areas, including: Careers and Employability, Student Support and Guidance, Admissions, Student Finance, and Accommodation
- Visiting the Students’ Union / bar
Also, don’t forget to check out the local area – whether it’s a meal out or a quick look around the shops and local sights, it’s important to try and get a feel for the place you could be calling home for the next few years.
Hopefully, attending an Applicant Day will leave you armed with everything you need to help make your Firm and Insurance choices.
We have lots of information on our website about replying to your offers, and we’ll also be in contact with you over the weeks and months ahead. However, if there’s anything you forget to ask or want clarification on, we’d love to hear from you - just get in touch.