Make an Event of your Degree

This could be you… Training to be an events manager in one of the world's most dynamic and fastest-growing job industries

At the University of Chester, our highly rated Events Management degree is taught by industry experts and aims to give you the skills you need to kick-start your career.  

Find out first-hand what you can enjoy on the course from student Jessica Higgs, a third-year Events Management student, who has had an exciting journey so far.

Jessica (right) making use of the many events volunteering opportunities 

“I cannot emphasise enough how much fun I have had these past two and a half years and how sad I will be when I have to leave. I’ve had such great lecturers; they are one reason I’ve loved my Events Management degree here at the University of Chester so much. They really care about all their students and will go above and beyond to make sure you’re okay.

“I also love Events Management and the modules I’ve taken; it’s really given me a breadth of knowledge on the subject. I have learnt everything from Health and Safety at venues to project management, and even how to create a new business venture. I really believe every lecture will be extremely beneficial to me in the future. We were even able to put on our own charity event as part of our course in our second year, which gave me great experience organising and managing my own event.

“Another way the University has supported me is through Chester Students’ Union and the creation of the Events Society, for which I was the Vice President. We put on events throughout the year both on and off campus and raised over £9,000 for charity. As part of this experience, we had the incredible opportunity to work extremely closely with the Cheshire West and Chester Council and gain valuable experience working with such a large organisation.

Not only are the lecturers and course fantastic, but Events Management has also given me so many opportunities to put theory into practice through volunteering. I have completed over 200 hours of volunteering at events – I have worked closely with the council to create and assist at events in the Cheshire area, and I was an events manager for six months at a local charity. Every week we get volunteering opportunities coming through from our lectures. I even had the opportunity to travel to Knysna, South Africa and put on events for townships in poverty. It was the best experience of my life!

“I thoroughly recommend Events Management at the University of Chester. The Queen’s Park Campus is a great setting – I would definitely recommend a visit. The course itself is fantastic and has provided me with all the skills necessary to become an Events Manager in the future. Thanks to my time on the course, I am confident to leave University and be a strong candidate for any event-management-related job.

“If you are thinking of studying Events Management, my advice to you is to take every opportunity that arises – this experience will give you confidence and really make you stand out when applying for jobs.”

Just some of the recent events delivered by our students, raising £1000s for charity

Want to know more?

To find out more about the exciting journey that awaits you as an Events Management student at the University of Chester, feel free to contact Programme Leader Martin Metcalfe by emailing m.metcalfe@chester.ac.uk

Visit us

To find out more about living and studying at the University of Chester, why not come and visit? There are lots of ways to visit us – just take a look at our website. 

If you have already applied and received an offer, don’t forget to book on to one of our Applicant Days – this is a great opportunity to find out more about the course, explore the Queen’s Park Campus, and get your questions answered.

Book now