Supporting you in your Accommodation

It’s only natural to feel a little apprehensive about moving away from home; but be assured, at the University of Chester you’re in safe hands. To ensure you have a memorable University experience for all the right reasons, we’ll support you every step of the way, even in your University accommodation! Thanks to our Hall Warden scheme, you’ll always have somebody to turn to 24 hours a day.

What is a Hall Warden?

Chosen by Student Support and Guidance and the Accommodation Department, Hall Wardens are third-year or sometimes postgraduate taught-level students who live in student accommodation, and act as a bridging gap between the University and you, functioning as an extra level of pastoral care.

Having already lived in student accommodation, they have been there and done that, and quite literally have the t-shirt (so you can find your Hall Warden easily on moving in day). They are your first port of call with almost anything related to accommodation. They will be on hand to help with moving in, and deliver a welcome speech to you and your hall mates. This talk is very useful as it will give you all the information you need for living in that particular accommodation block; so try your best to attend.  

Hall Wardens are tasked with helping sort out small issues, such as minor noise complaints and small disputes; so that’s one less thing for you to worry about! They can also give you the required information to help you deal with larger issues, both personally and academically. They may have experienced similar issues during their time at University, so they can be a great source of advice.  

In addition to our Hall Warden scheme, we also operate a non-residential system comprising of Duty Tutors (members of University staff) who volunteer to be ‘on call’ for any issues that arise, and an Ultimate Call Out Team for more serious issues. And if that’s not enough, throughout the evenings and weekends you can contact the Residential Support Manager and Residential Tutors.

You may not need to use any of these support services whilst in accommodation, but if you do, whatever time of day it is, support will be on hand.

Want to know more? 

If you have any questions about living in student accommodation, just get in touch with our Residential Living Office. They’ll be more than happy to help.

E: T: 01244 513000 (Chester) / 01925 5342200 (Warrington)