Top Tier Finance Firms in Students' Sights at Chester

In Accounting and Finance at Chester students receive support and guidance to help them progress to employment with workshops and interview skills tips from firms like KPMG and Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Professional bodies like the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, (CIMA) and Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) are also regular visitors, advising students on employability skills and career progression.

Above - Chris Lofthous of KPMG provides an insight into graduate recruitment. 

Thomas O’Connor, who graduated in 2016, shows how Chester helped him aim for the top tier of accounting and finance firms. Employed as an Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers and working in the assurance service line, Thomas says:

“The University teaching I found to be outstanding. All the lecturers were there to support me throughout my degree and always around to help out if I needed them. The revision classes lecturers put on in their own time in exam season were also a great feature.

Above - Thomas O’Connor. University of Chester 2016 Graduate of Accounting and Finance

“The course gave me an unrivalled foundation when starting my job in practice, gaining the maximum exemptions from ICAEW through the university course. As well as this, the worked based learning module allows you to get out your comfort zone and experience what it will be like to work full time in a local business. 

“I am confident that without Helen Clayfield and her team, the confidence and encouragement they provided me to aim for the top tier firms, that I would not have been able to secure a place at PricewaterhouseCoopers.”

Visit Us

To find out more about living and studying at the University of Chester, why not come and visit? There are lots of ways to visit us – just take a look at our website.

Our friendly staff, will be pleased to show you around at one of our forthcoming Campus Tour Days. These are a great opportunity to find out more about the course, explore the city, and get your questions answered.

Book Now