Our Open Days are a great opportunity to really see what it's like to study and live in Chester. From the moment you arrive there will be a whole host of acitivities available, including subject talks, campus tours and the chance to view student accommodation.
Having once been in your shoes, 2nd year student Chris Oliver has put together his top tips for Open Days and how to ensure you can make the most out of you day.
TOP TIPS FOR YOUR OPEN DAY
1. Plan your journey! Our Open Days usually begin at 10am, so arriving early and leaving time to spare will ensure you can really make the most of your day. In order to plan your route in advance, take a look at our Open Day pages. Be aware, there may be a fair bit of walking, so some comfy shoes would not go amiss!
2. Do some research. Make a note of subject sessions and any other talks or tours you want to see. The full timetable will be available from our Open Day pages a week before the event. Knowing all this in advance means you can specifically look for what you are interested in and won't face the risk of of missing out on some important information.
3. Attend subject talks. Subject talks are a great opportunity for you to really understand what will be covered during your time at Chester. This is also your chance to ask staff any questions you may have. Have a look in the Open Day guide to see where specific subject talks are held and what time they’re at.
4. Talk to our students. Our students will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Whether you want to find out about their course or social experiences at Chester, you can rely on them to provide you with the best answer.
5. Visit the Information Fair. This is your one-stop-shop for information and one-to-one advice. Come and pick up information and speak with staff on all aspects of student life. You can find this in the Sports Hall on Parkgate Road Campus.
6. Take a campus tour! This is your opportunity to see for yourself where you will be studying and living throughout your university life. The tour will take you across our Parkgate Road Campus to see what the University of Chester has to offer you outside of the classroom.
7. Have a look around Chester. We encourage all prospective students to take a look around the local area. It’s always good to explore the city you will be living in to see what’s close by.Why not join in on one of our Walking Tours through the city, departing hourly from Riverside and Parkgate Road campus. Information on departure times will be available in the Open Day guide.
Tweet us! We would love to hear your opinions and see some pictures of your Open Day experience! We are: @uochester
Tag us on Instagram! Feel free to put some pictures on Instagram and tag #uocopenday, we may even repost them!
Click on the link below to book place at our Open Day