Tourism students go behind the scenes at this year's City of Culture

Studying one of our Tourism courses at the University of Chester will not only teach you about the benefits of tourism to our economy and society, but will also provide you with opportunities to experience larger-scale tourism events firsthand.

This year, as part of their first year on the course, our Tourism students enjoyed a ‘behind the scenes’ look at the 2017 City of Culture, Hull.

City Tour Guide for Hull and East Yorkshire, Paul Schofield, who has been nominated for Visit England 2017’s Tourism Superstar award, showed them the sights.

Students were also inspired by hearing from former student Hannah Allen, who now works for Scarborough Spa. Hannah, who was a student on the course herself only last year, graduated with a first class Honours degree and was delighted to return to the company where she did her Work Based Learning placement whilst at University.

Hannah Scarborough

Hannah said: "It was great to share with students how I got my job with Scarborough Spa and pass on advice. It was nice to see my tutors again and for them to see me in my job.

"It has been great to build a relationship with a company in the town where I grew up whilst doing my degree. A five-week work-based learning experience with them led to a paid summer job and then to an invite to interview for an Events and Administration Assistant role. I love the role and have been involved in some really big events for the town."

Want to Know More?

To find out more about our Tourism courses and the opportunities available whilst you study, take a look at our website.

International Tourism Management

International Tourism Management with a Language

In the meantime, if you have any questions about living and studying at the University of Chester, simply get in touch.

E: enquiries@chester.ac.uk T: 01244 511000

Visit Us

If you’ve already applied and received an offer, don’t forget to book on to one of our Applicant Days – this is a great opportunity to find out more about the course, explore the Queen’s Park Campus, and get your questions answered.

Book Now