Firstly, don’t panic.
If, for whatever reason, you haven’t submitted your university application before the January deadline, you may be concerned that you’ve missed your chance to attend university this year, but that isn’t necessarily the case. If you still want to start a course in September 2016, there are still options available.
The UCAS ‘deadline’ is actually several separate dates between October and March, depending on which course and which university you want to apply for. As you’re reading this article, we’ll assume that you’ve missed the January date.
Missing the 15th January deadline:
This is the cut-off date for most degree courses. If you wish to apply after this date, the most effective way is through a Late Application. This involves making a direct enquiry to the university to establish whether or not they have places available.
When you have identified one or several university courses that will accept late entry, you can submit your application through UCAS.
Key Date: Before 30 June, 18:00 (UK time) – the final deadline for late applications with course choices
Hints and Tips:
- If you haven’t registered on the UCAS system, make sure you do so as soon as possible
- Think carefully about what you want. If your preferred course is already full, consider the other options. Don’t enrol on a course just so that you can go to university this year, it still needs to be the right choice for you
- If possible, visit the universities you are considering as this will help you to make an informed decision
- If you are sure you want to begin a course in 2016, use the Late Application process before waiting for Clearing. There isn’t a different application process for late applications, it’s the same no matter when you apply
- Ask your tutors and careers advisors for guidance. The UCAS website has all the key information, but talking your decisions through is always useful
- Speak to the admissions team at the university of your choice if you have any queries
Applying to Chester
If you wish to apply for a course at the University of Chester, we still have a wide range of places available. With over 400 single and combined courses you're bound to find what you're lookng for. Once you've found the right course, make sure Chester is the right choice for you by visiting us on a campus tour.
For details on how to apply take a look at our Undergraduate Study Area.
For any further questions please feel free to contact the admissions team via email: email@example.com or by phone: 01244 511000